Monday, June 9, 2014

To Have Your Guilt Swept Away

Today I read the Book of Enos and I had a thought while reading it.  Enos states that when he heard the voice of the Lord tell him that his sins were forgiven him, his guilt was swept away, because he knew that God could not lie.  While I too know that God cannot lie, my guilt is usually not swept away like Enos' apparently was.  Now, I have not heard the voice of God tell me that my sins are forgiven, so perhaps that is the difference.  I have always been taught that once the Spirit leaves you, after you repent and you feel its presence again, it means you have been forgiven, because the Spirit cannot dwell in unclean tabernacles.  That is what I use to gauge my worthiness before God.  What would it feel like to have your guilt swept away I wonder?  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment