Thursday, June 5, 2014

How it Must Hurt to be God

Today I read Jacob 5 and several thoughts came to my mind as I was reading this chapter.  The first thought I had was if there ever was hard evidence that Joseph Smith did not write the Book of Mormon himself, it is Jacob chapter 5.  I mean how would a man who has never left New England know how to cultivate olive trees and graft in branches?  Joseph Smith knew nothing about Olive Trees, but Zenos, the prophet who wrote Jacob 5 did.  But, even the critics of the Book of Mormon would find fault with this chapter and find a way that Joseph would have written it.

The second thought I had was how heart wrenching the people of the earth are for God.  I can feel the genuine sorrow that God has for the people who choose not to follow Him.  It is similar to an earthly parent that has a child that makes poor choices.  Whether it has to do with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or not when a child makes bad choices, it is hard for the parent to let them go on without helping them.  How hard must it be for Heavenly Father to sit back and let them drift away?  I hope to find out one day because we all aspire to be as God is one day.  I hope by then I can learn to cope with the challenges of being a God.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment