Sunday, June 15, 2014

King Benjamin Was a Good Father

Today I read Mosiah 1 and as I sit here on Father's day, I cannot help but wonder at how good a father King Benjamin was to Mosiah and his other two sons.  Benjamin made sure he set a good example for them.  He worked for his own support and was not a burden to his people.  He taught his sons in the language of their fathers and made sure that they knew the scriptures.  He taught them to love their enemies and to love the Gospel.  He did everything a good father knows how to do.  It is a great example to the rest of us, especially the fathers that read this blog.  I firmly believe, and the scriptures support this, that we parents will be held responsible for the things we did and did not teach our children.  If we do not teach them the Gospel of Jesus Christ and prepare them for both this world and the world to come, their sins are on our heads, not their own.  Now of course they will have to answer to what light and knowledge they do have, but the potential they did not reach because of our not teaching them, is all on us.  I don't know about you, but I don't want that on my head!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment