Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Lord Will Purify Our Hearts



Today I read Mosiah 3 and was struck by the phrasing of verse 6.  King Benjamin tells his people that the Savior will cast out devils, or the evil spirits that dwell in the hearts of the children of men.  Before now, I had always taken this phrase to mean that He will actually cast out devils.  Now however, I think it actually means that through His teachings, He will help mankind overcome the natural man.  Certainly He did cast out actual evil spirits, but the evil spirit that dwells in the hearts of man to me is more along the lines of men choosing to do that which is contrary to the will of God.  It’s always fun when I read verses I have read dozens of times in my life and find a new meaning in them!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment