Friday, November 15, 2013

The People Disbelieve Jeremiah

Today I read Jeremiah 43 and I am just dumbfounded.  Here are people that despite the fact that all of Jeremiah's other prophecies have come true, call him a liar about the fact that the Lord has told him that the people should not go down to Egypt but should stay in Judah.  At times I will be called a liar in my job and every time I have the same response, what purpose would it serve me to lie?  I think the exact same thing about Jeremiah in this instance.  What does it matter to him if the people go down to Egypt or not?  It never fails to amaze me how people will believe what they want to believe no matter what.  No amount of evidence to the contrary will convince them.  In this case though it is really sad because these few people disbelieving Jeremiah will cost the lives of others who are under their command.  Those are the real losers in this situation.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment