Saturday, November 23, 2013

Jeremiah Loves the People He Serves

Today I read Lamentations 1.  From this chapter it is easy to see that Jeremiah loved the people of Jerusalem and that their sin caused him pain.  This reminds me of Nephi when he admitted to crying for his people.  It is hard to serve people and not feel love for them, especially if you are serving on behalf of the Savior.  The love of God seems to overflow and fill our own meager cups.  And because of such profound love, it makes it hard to see the people we are serving make such poor choices.  Just like being a parent.  It is hard to watch your child make wrong choices and even harder to discipline them but you know as an adult that if you don't the behavior will only get worse and so you show your love by correcting the poor choices, even if the child doesn't understand right away.  I can only imagine how hard it must be for Heavenly Father.  I'm sure I'll know some day.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment