Monday, November 11, 2013

Jeremiah is Set Free by the Babylonians

Today I read Jeremiah 39 where Babylon sacks Jerusalem, kills King Zedekiah's sons and takes him prisoner.  I imagine far from being happy that he was vindicated at last, Jeremiah was very sad to see his beloved city laid to waste.  He must have been heartbroken that the people would not listen to him.  I know I would have been.  Just like the Savior lamented about the people of Israel in His day, so too did Jeremiah shed any tears over those he would have saved if they had but listened and heeded his words.  I am quite sure of it.  The prophets of God are not concerned with saying I told you so, but rather of sparing their fellow brethren and sisters unnecessary pain and suffering.  I imagine that Jeremiah is no different.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment