Monday, November 18, 2013

Jeremiah Foretells Egypts Destruction

Today I read Jeremiah 46 which is mostly Jeremiah foretelling the destruction of Egypt.  I am a little surprised this chapter is in here.  I don't understand why Jeremiah received this prophecy and why he needed to know that Egypt was going to be destroyed.  Today it would be a little different.  President Monson is the prophet for the entire world now, not just for Israel like Jeremiah was.  I can understand if President Monson was told that a country was going to be destroyed unless they repented, but otherwise, it's strange that Jeremiah would be told about this.  Perhaps it has to do with the fact that some of the Israelites were wanting to flee to Egypt and the Lord was trying to warn His people.  I'm not really sure but like the others, it is in here for a reason I know.  It is important to have and like the other passages I am unsure about I will make it a matter of pondering.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment