Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Random Chapter

Today I read Jeremiah 41 which I am honestly not sure why it is even in the scriptures.  It deals with Ishmael, who I think was made governor over the land by the king of Babylon, killing some men for some reason that I am unclear on.  I really am not sure why this chapter is in the scriptures.  It has nothing to do with the house of Israel that I can tell and Jeremiah is not even mentioned in the chapter.  Perhaps I should make it a matter of prayer and pondering.  Joseph Smith did not change anything in it, did not add anything or take it out, so it must be in there for a reason.  At this time I do not know what that reason is, so I will need to think on this and ponder it.  If I find out, I will certainly let you all know.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment