Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Lord Tells Jeremiah of More Cities He Will Destroy

Today I read Jeremiah 49 - 50 which tells Jeremiah about cities and lands that will be destroyed.  I have to wonder why the Lord is telling Jeremiah all this and why it is included in the scriptures.  Especially when at least some of it is verbatim what the Lord said about other civilizations that He has destroyed.  It is good to know from a history perspective, but I really miss the doctrine of the Book of Mormon and how happy and peaceful I feel when I read it.  Fortunately I am over half way done with the Old Testament and will be reading the Book of Mormon next.  There is just a different feeling when you read the Book of Mormon.  There's nothing quite like it.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment