Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Lord Promises Israel Will Be Restored to Its Glory

Today I read Jeremiah 30 where the Lord tells the Israelites that they will be restored to their former glory one day.  As I have stated in the past, I have a hard time understanding the importance of this in most cases.  I pretty much just live my life the best way I can without worrying about whether I am part of a larger community or not.  Now, I would have a problem if I had been taken captive like the Israelites were, but as for if America were scattered to the four winds, I don't think I would lament the fact that all the American's are now spread all over the world.  But it was a different world with a different culture, maybe that was very important and even vital to those people.  I just don't know.  I'm sure I'll understand it one day.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment