Monday, April 1, 2013

Esther Saves the Jews

Today I read Esther 8 where the king makes a new decree safeguarding the Jews.  If this king never does another noteworthy thing in his life, he has secured for himself blessings in heaven.  I can certainly understand his feelings however, if I were in a position of power and learned that someone was trying to kill my wife and/or her family, I'm not sure I would take it nearly as calmly as this king appears to be doing.  Of course I am a passionate man and sometimes let my feelings run away with me.  This king does a great job of keeping his head, finding out what is needed and then doing it.  As all great leaders should do.  And because he saved the Lord's people, I am positive that he will be blessed for it.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment