Saturday, April 6, 2013

Job Feels Sorry for Himself

Today I read Job 3 where the natural man rears his head for a little while.  I can sympathize with Job so easily, it is so easy in the midst of trials to bemoan our fate and to say things like what Job is saying in this chapter.  I could not even imagine such a trial as Job was put through, he lost all of his children, all his earthly possessions which he most likely spent years acquiring.  And now his wife is telling him to curse God and die.  I could easily see someone in this position wonder why God did not just kill him in infancy or in the womb. It would be so easy to fall into despair and bemoan your fate.  I can't really blame Job for not having perspective all the time, it would not be easy to lose all of that and still keep calm and say the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.  I know I could not do it.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment