Sunday, April 14, 2013

Zophar Accuses Job of Being a Sinner

Today I read Job 11 where one of Job's friends, Zophar, tries to convince Job that he is in the wrong.  He goes as far as to say he wishes that God would speak right then and there and prove Job a sinner.  Job really does have a lot of patience because if that had been me, and my friend said that to me after I had just lost everything I owned including my children, I'm not sure I would have been very polite about removing such a "friend" from my presence.  But Job is known for his patience and for good reason, he does not get upset with his friends and keeps his cool no matter what happens to him.  Perhaps it is the knowledge that he has done nothing wrong that bolsters him up.  Whatever it is, the rest of us could learn a lot from him.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment