Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Frailty of Life

Today I read Job 17 where Job talks about the frailty of mortality.  Recently I had a friend celebrate their son's first birthday, or it would have been his first birthday but he died at birth.  As my wife and I were talking about it, we realized that we knew several people who recently had lost children at birth or shortly there after due to birth defects.  It make me really marvel at the harshness of life and how things can be hard.  Our bodies are so fragile that any number of things can happen to them.  All it takes is one muscle to be out of alignment and it throws our entire equilibrium out of whack.  And so many things can extinguish this life.  But we don't have to worry about that, because we have our Redeemer who has paid the price for our lives and has given us all the gift of another life after this one.  We owe Him so much!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment