Wednesday, April 17, 2013

If a Man Dies, Will He Live Again?

Today I read Job 14 where Job asks the question that most people ask themselves at some point in their lives, "if a man die, shall he live again?".  Mankind has almost always feared death and what it brings.  I don't imagine Adam and Eve feared death because they understood the Atonement and had a perfect understanding of God and Jesus Christ because they had talked to them in person.  But at some point, perhaps even with their children, man has wondered what happens after we die.  Even if you have faith in Jesus Christ and the Atonement, it can be hard for some people to believe perfectly that we will be raised up again after we die.  But we have faith and we know that God cannot lie and He has decreed it, so it MUST be true.  That is a very comforting thought and one that keeps me going when I lose friends and family members and makes me very happy when I think about the fact that even in death my wife and I will be together.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment