Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Israelites Covenant to Obey God

Today I read Nehemiah 10 where the Jews and Nehemiah make covenants with God to follow His commandments.  They also covenant with God that they will not marry outside of the covenant people, or the Jews themselves, and that they will pay tithing.  Tithing is an interesting law.  I have never had a problem with paying tithing.  As a matter of fact, when I was a missionary and later as a college student with no income, I missed paying tithing.  I felt great satisfaction and something akin to relief when I was able to pay tithing once more because I had monetary income.  These days  I don't really think about paying tithing anymore, it is something that is so ingrained into my being that the first thing we do each Sunday after payday is write the check for tithing and take it to church with us.  I can't wait until my daughter is old enough for us to start teaching her about tithing!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment