Friday, March 15, 2013

Date the Right People so You will Marry the Right Person

Today I read Ezra 10 where the people of the Jews take Ezra's correction to heart and put away their wives who are out of the covenant.  Now I do not know how Heavenly Father feels about such things but I personally think that once you are married, you should stay married.  Unless the marriage is abusive or otherwise harmful, I think that it is better to stay married, especially if there are children involved.  You have made a commitment to your spouse and you should honor it. 

However, maybe Heavenly Father was more pleased with them putting away the women who were not in the covenant.  I am really not sure and suppose I will find out one day.  I am very sure though that Heavenly Father probably was pleased to see His people repent for taking the women as wives in the first place.  Heavenly Father delights in those who keep the commandments, we know that for a fact.  My advice is just date the right people to begin with and then you will fall in love with the right people and it won't be an issue.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment