Monday, March 4, 2013

And a Little Child Shall Lead Them

Today I read 2 Chronicles 34 which starts the story of King Josiah who started his reign when he was only 8 years old and he loved the Lord.  Not only did he obey the commandments of the Lord, but he also destroyed all the high places, groves and altars to the false gods.  He did that which was right and had his people turn back to the worship of Heavenly Father.  I wonder if the fact that he was so young had anything to do with his being so righteous?  Most young people have a desire to serve God I think.  I think they carry a residual memory of their life with Him if you will.  I have no idea if that is the case, but I know that our daughter who is 2 years old loves to talk about Jesus and see pictures of Jesus.  I have met many people in my life that tell me their children are more interested in going to church than they are.  If only we could be like children and have the desire to do that which is right at all times and to please our Father in Heaven.  But somewhere along the way we lose that.  It's sad really.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment