Sunday, March 24, 2013

Keep the Sabbath Day Holy

Today I rad Nehemiah 11 - 13 where Nehemiah teaches the people to keep the Sabbath day holy.  This has always been such a controversial topic in the church, some think that some activities are acceptable while others are not.  I have always thought that oir activities on the Sabbath day should lead us to the Savior, that is why prophets have counseled us to visit the sick, write to missionaries, do your home or visiting teaching and attend church meetings.  As a personal covenant with God I have never worked on the Sabbath.  Unfortunately at this point in my life with the job I have, I have been asked to work on the Sabbath.  This was really hard for me and caused me much anguish of soul and much prayer.  After much prayer I felt that the Lord had a plan for me and that I should stay with this job and so I have.  I don't know why I am supposed to work on Sundays at this time, but I know for a fact that it is the will of the Lord and so I follow His plan for me until I can keep the Sabbath Day Holy in the way I desire again.  Until tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment