Monday, August 12, 2013

Rejoice in the Labor

Today I read Ecclesiastes 5 and I found a phrase at the very end of the chapter interesting.  The phrase was "rejoice in his labor".  I have never been a person who can say I enjoy going to work.  I don't look forward to it and I certainly don't wake up excited that it is a work day.  However I also do not wake up dreading the fact that I have to go to work, work just is.  It's something I have to do in order to survive and provide for my family.  Now, my wife states that she has had jobs in her past that she really enjoyed going to and looked forward to going to work.  She takes pleasure and pride in a job well done.  I typically don't take a lot of pleasure in work, especially physical labor.  But perhaps I should.  Perhaps I should really take pleasure in a job well done.  I imagine Heavenly Father takes pleasure in His creations and His children.  His work, and His glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.  I do find satisfaction in a job well done and enjoy succeeding at work, but I don't think it's quite the same things as rejoicing in ones work.  Perhaps I should pray for the ability to do so.  Maybe I would find work not just a necessity.  Who knows?  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment