Saturday, August 17, 2013

Fear God and Keep His Commandments

Today I read Ecclesiastes 10 - 12 and I liked the phrase at the very end of chapter 12, "Fear God and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man".  This is what we are required to do by our Heavenly Father.  When we obey His commandments and give Him the love and respect He asks for and deserves, we will become better men and women.  But we have talked about this many times in the past and I don't wish to repeat myself so what I have said will suffice.

The next book in our reading is the Song of Solomon.  However, I will not be reading or sharing any thoughts on this book.  Joseph Smith was told through revelation that the Song of Solomon is not an inspired work of scripture, or in other words, it was written by man, not by God and as such will not be read by me.  I read it once and have no desire to do so again.  So we will skip it and go straight to Isaiah tomorrow.  Given that so many chapters of Isaiah are word for word copied by Nephi in the Book of Mormon, when we come to one, I will remark that it is in the Book of Mormon and since I have already shared my thoughts on that chapter we will skip over to the ones that are not in the Book of Mormon.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment