Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Wicked Will Be Punished

Today I read Psalms 7 where David takes comfort in the fact that God will punish the wicked.  I too find great comfort in that knowledge.  I am listening to a book on CD and am appalled by the wickedness of the people in this country that the main character is visiting.  It makes me so sad that it is based on a real country and based on all the tales I have heard about this country, it's most likely accurate.  Needless to say, these men will have a lot to answer for when they stand before their maker.  It makes me wonder how they can even begin to justify their actions.  Their reasons for what they did will sound very hollow to their ears when they are trying to rationalize their actions before God.  I felt the same thing about my earthly father when I was growing up.  When ever I was tempted to do something wrong, I would think about standing before my dad and trying to explain myself.  If I did not like such an image, I did not do the activity.  If all of us followed this philosophy, there would be a lot less evil in the world.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment