Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Our Ability to Influence

Today I read Job 35 where Elihu talks about the influence we have over those around us.  When we are wicked, we have a negative influence over those around us.  It reminds me of King Noah in the Book of Mormon and later King Mosiah's words to his people.  He reminds the people of all the wickedness that King Noah caused his people to commit because of his own wickedness.  We have so much influence in this life with those we come into contact with.  The real question is whether or not we will influence them in a positive way or not.  I once received a blessing where I was told that my happy and positive attitude has been a blessing to many and it has even influenced total strangers for good.  But imagine if I had been an evil man, how much damage would I have done instead?  It's impossible to know and fortunately I don't have to know because I choose to be righteous, it is what I want to be.  And that means I can be an instrument for good in the hands of the Lord, which is one of the best feelings in the world.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment