Wednesday, May 22, 2013

God Will Help Our Faithful Hearts

Today I read Psalms 12 where David talks about the faithful's hearts failing them.  It is a hard thing to endure to the end.  Each of us has a weakness that we were given to force us to turn to Heavenly Father.  That weakness can break us quite easily, it is the one thing in our lives that is almost impossible for us to overcome on our own.  It may in fact be impossible for us to overcome it on our own, I don't know honestly.  However as faithful as we try and be, we can stumble and fall over and over again.  But like President Uchtdorf said, we are God's children.  He will no more scold us for stumbling than we would our toddlers for tripping while trying to learn how to walk.  Heavenly Father's only concern for us is to help us become better and to overcome our trials.  I love my little daughter more than anything in this world except perhaps my wife.  I would do anything in my power to help her be healthy and happy that doesn't hurt her.  If I feel that way about my daughter who I have only had for less than 3 years, how much stronger does Heavenly Father feel about us who He has known for ages without number?  He loves us and wants us to be happy and He will help us when our faithful heart fails us.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment