Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fools Do Mischief

Today I read Proverbs 10 which is more of the last few chapters.  Solomon counseling us to be wise and seek after wisdom and live a righteous life.  One phrase did stand out to me though, it actually made me laugh.  The phrase was, "it is as sport to a fool to do mischief".  It made me laugh because I instantly thought of some friends I had as a teenager that would get into all kinds of trouble and just like Solomon said it was almost like it was a sport to them trying to find new ways to get into trouble.  I never saw the point myself since 9 times out of 10 you would get caught.  Like sneaking out of the house, you gotta come back!  It never failed to amuse me how many of my friends thought they were smarter than their parents and got proved wrong time and time again.  And of course, even if you somehow fool your parents, Heavenly Father sees everything and can't be fooled.  The bottom line is, do what is right and save everyone the heartache.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment