Thursday, July 4, 2013

Children, a Sacred Heritage of the Lord

Today I read Psalms 127 where the Psalmist states that children are an heritage of the Lord.  As we've said before I have heard that the Lord cares how people enter this world and how they leave it.  Those are His realms and we are trespassing in them when we don't use our powers of procreation seriously.  I really wish that along with the birthing of children being painful, I wish the act of creating children was something that was unpleasant and would force everyone to really consider if this is what they really want.  It is heartbreaking to me that so many children are created and not desired so they are mistreated, neglected and abused.  I have my own daughter now and having her has only cemented my feelings of horror, anger and disgust for those who do not take care of their little ones appropriately.  I would do almost anything for my daughter as would her mother.  We made a conscious choice to have a child and welcome a Spirit of our Heavenly Father into our home and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made.  I wish everyone else who had children felt the same way and treated them as more precious than gold. 

We will each of us stand accountable to how we treated Heavenly Father's children, because they were His long before they were ours.  If you think meeting an angry father in this life is bad, I have a feeling it doesn't even compare to what awaits us when we stand in front of Heavenly Father and try to rationalize how we abused and mistreated His child.  Treat them as the sacred responsibility they are, raise them right.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment