Saturday, July 27, 2013

Beware of Alcohol

Today I read Proverbs 20 and the very first verse caught my eye.  It says that wine is a mocker and strong drink is raging.  Even back during the time of Solomon they understood that liquor was not good for people.  And yet after chocolate, it is probably what most American's are addicted to.  Too many Americans spend so much money on liquor use it instead of actually dealing with their issues they use alcohol to not think about their issues.  And what is infinitely worse, alcohol makes people lose control of their emotions and become abusive, doing things they would never dream of doing when they were sober.  I have always been disgusted by alcohol and wish its existence had never been discovered.  Besides a few random curious thoughts on what it is like, I have never even considered drinking alcohol.  I hate the fact that when my wife and I go out to eat at a restaurant it is automatically assumed we will be drinking alcohol.  I long for the days when the Savior will come again and no one will drink alcohol.  Those will be great days.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment