Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Following God Leads to Happiness

Today I read Psalms 119, the longest chapter in all the standard works!  One phrase stood out to me, the Psalmist states that through the commandments, God has made him wiser than his enemies.  My first thought when I saw this was the Word of Wisdom.  I thought about how if we are living the Word of Wisdom, we are not putting harmful substances into our bodies and our minds are clear and open.  If we follow the Law of Chastity we will not run into sexually transmitted diseases most likely and so out bodies will be clean.  All of the commandments are meant to help us have a happy life here on the earth.  They are meant to help us avoid the challenges of this life.  God knows everything, He is THE smartest being out there.  Why would we listen to humans who contradict Him?  We are imperfect beings with an imperfect understanding.  I for one will listen to God and follow His commandments.  It can only lead to happiness.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment