Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saul Continues to try and Kill David

Today I read 1 Samuel 19 where Saul continues to try and kill David.  It always amazes me to see or hear about kings doing evil things and their servants and armies helping them do it.  Yes, they may be the king but what they are doing is wrong.  I wonder if it would be worse to help a king do something that is wrong like that and the sin be upon the head of the king because he commanded his servants to do it, or to disobey the king and try and dethrone him? 

The Twelfth article of Faith states that we believe in being subject to kings and governments, I'm paraphrasing of course.  So if one were to go against their mortal sovereign even though the commands that they were commanded to do were evil and against God, would it be worse to follow the command or go against the tyrant?  I know that in World War II Latter-day Saints were told to obey the Nazis if they were German, at least that is what I have been told.  I don't really have the answer but I would think that if ever I were in the position the thing to do would be to pray and ask God for direction and guidance.  I think that is all anyone can really do in such a situation.  Until tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment