Saturday, October 6, 2012

Boaz Shows Kindness to Ruth

Today I read Ruth 2 where Ruth meets Boaz.  It is always nice to read stories where the people are nice and good hearted individuals.  Form what I have read today, Boaz is a nice, wonderful man.  He comes down to inspect his fields and when he sees Ruth working in the fields he calls her over and gives her lunch and instructs his workers to leave some of the good grain for her to find.  All this because he had heard she left her home to come down and live with Naomi. 

It might be because I am a kindhearted individual myself, but I love to read about people being kind to one another.  Especially when the book is non-fiction such as the holy scriptures.  I have always wondered about people that are naturally mean to others.  There has to be something wrong with them I think.  Because we are all born with the light of Christ, the spark of the divine.  I watch my little daughter as she grows and gets older and how she loves to help and smiles so big when she can do something for her mother or for me.  She genuinely wants to be good and to help us.  I am sure that all children are born that way and if they change it is because of the environment in which they are in that has caused them to change.  I think many, far too many, people will be shocked when they stand before their creator and are called to account for the horrible job they did of creating a nurturing environment for their children.  I hope I am not in that situation and that I am doing a good job of helping my daughter grow properly in all forms and aspects.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment