Monday, October 8, 2012

Boaz Marries Ruth

Today I read Ruth 4 where Boaz talks to their kinsman to see if he will do what is necessary to help Ruth and Naomi.  The kinsman states he is unable to do this because it will remove his own inheritance.  I am not sure how that works but the scriptures actually even state that this is how the inheritance worked in those days.  So, since the kinsman in question is not able to take care of Ruth and Naomi, Boaz himself takes up the torch as it were.

Boaz takes Ruth as his wife and raises up seed to his cousin, Ruth's first husband.  The son that Ruth bears is the a direct ancestor of David, who would slay Goliath.  Boaz knew the law and did his duty to his family members.  It is wonderful to see those who live the Gospel and as far as we can tell from the scriptures, love to live the Gospel.  Honestly I am not sure how I would function without the Gospel in this life.  I have two brothers who are inactive in the church and are good men, so I know I would also be a good man, but I don't know how I would handle raising my daughter or manage my relationship with my wife.  I need God in my life to help me and to help me help others.

This weekend was General Conference and as it so often is, I felt like I was trying to drink from a Spiritual fire hose!  So much wonderful counsel was given and so much we were urged to do.  As I have done for years, I will be making a CD for myself to listen to the talks over and over again as I drive to and from work and around town.  I urge everyone, LDS or not, to listen to these wonderful talks.  They teach sacred principles and would benefit everyone be they LDS or not if they will listen to them and take them into their lives and put them into practice.  Thank Heavenly Father for modern day Prophets and Apostles!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment