Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Taste of Things to Come

Today I read Mosiah 16. In this chapter Abinadi finishes up his sermon to King Noah and his priests. He also talks about the final judgment we will all receive at the hands of God. I know I have talked about this before but I just can't get over how most people totally misunderstand the final judgment. I thing most people seriously picture God behind a desk with a gavel while someone reads from the book of your life and he pronounces sentence on you.

While it is true that I have not seen it for myself, I know it's not that way. We get to choose where we are going to end up after this life. I do believe God will review our life with us and how we have chosen to live it. I think that it will be more along the lines of a discussion where God goes through our life with us, and helps us figure out the type of person we truly are.

I think we will dwell heavily on the type of company we kept while here on the earth, because that will show us what type of people we enjoyed being around. We will be faced with the secrets in our heart that we have hidden from everyone and that we refuse to acknowledge.

In the end once we have had our interview with God, I believe it will conclude with some form of Him saying that based on who we are and how we have lived our life we will be most happy in whatever kingdom it may be. And I think we will call it fair because there will be a LOT of people that are very, very uncomfortable in His presence and can conceive of no greater punishment than to be forced into His presence and feel His goodness for the rest of eternity. That would be hell for them.

However, all have fallen and are carnal and we must all work to overcome this within ourselves. We have to ask His help in changing our nature so that we no longer desire to do evil, but good continually. Only this way can we truly be prepared to enter into His presence. It is a daily struggle, but one most definitely worth it! Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment