Sunday, July 4, 2010

My favorite chapter

Today I read 2 Nephi 32, which is my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon. It is only 9 verses long but it contains so much of the gospel. There is so much to disect in this chapter that it's hard to choose just one thing to talk about. I think I'll focus on verses 8-9 and talk about prayer.

It's one of my goals to one day own at least one biography of each of the modern day prophets. So far I have Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, Howard W. Hunter and Gordon B. Hinkley. I recently read the one on Brigham Young and something that I found interesting was that he taught when we don't feel like praying is the time we most should pray.

I have always believed that there is never a time when we shouldn't pray. That we can never be "unworthy" to pray. I believe that the people who feel they are unworthy to pray are given those feelings by the devil. We should always pray to our Father in Heaven, no matter what we have done no matter what activity we are about to perform, we should always have a prayer in our heart. If we do always have a prayer it will be that much easier to keep the Spirit about us. As we continue to pray we will grow closer to our Father in Heaven and it will make it that much easier to pray even more. So continue to pray no matter what and we will become more like our Father in Heaven. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment