Friday, July 4, 2014

You Should Always Trust in the Lord

Today I read Mosiah 27 - 28 which of course is the conversion story of Alma the Younger and the Sons of Mosiah.  What must it have been like for Mosiah to have his sons tell him they wanted to go on a mission to the Lamanites?  While I was reading I was thinking about if my daughter came to me and told me that she wanted to serve a mission and try and convert the people of Islam, specifically the extremists who enjoy killing Christian Americans.  I would be terrified to allow her to do it.  And yet this is essentially what the sons of Mosiah were asking him to allow them to do.  Fortunately the Lord comforted Mosiah and told him that they would be ok, and Mosiah, being the great prophet that he was, believed in the Lord.  If I were in his position, I hope that I would have the faith needed to trust in the Lord that my daughter would be ok.  I know it would be really hard and take all of my faith.  But you can never go wrong if you trust in the Lord.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment