Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Hidden Gems of the Book of Mormon that Taunt Us

Today I read Alma 9 - 10 and I have always been intrigued by the little snippets we learn about the Nephite culture from the Book of Mormon that never get fleshed out.  Chapter 10 has such an episode as told by Amulek.  He mentions that his ancestor interpreted some writing that appeared on the wall of the temple and was found to have been written by the hand of the Lord Himself!  I love reading about things like this in the Book of Mormon.  There is so much we never get to learn about their culture and how they lived.  I wish we could learn more and have all the amazing Spiritual experiences they all got to experience at our disposal to read.  Obviously we have enough, but it would just be so neat to have it all I think.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment