Saturday, July 19, 2014

You Can Pray Anywhere at Anytime



Today I read Alma 32 – 33 and I have always liked Alma and Amulek’s sermon on prayer to the Zoramites.  Prayer is our way of communicating to our Heavenly Father.  The way I look at it is if we have a way to speak to a being who is all powerful and can help us no matter what our situation is, why wouldn’t we?  The great news is we do in fact have that ability and our Heavenly Father loves us and wants to hear from us.  The Zoramites who were poor did not understand that they could pray anywhere they were and it would be heard by our Heavenly Father.  To me, because I grew up knowing this, it seems so obvious, but I look around me and see evidence of this same way of thinking today in our world.  It is sad really.  I feel so blessed that I have a knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that I know I can reach Him no matter where I am or what I am doing.  It is an important lesson to know.  One I hope I am teaching my daughter through my actions as well as my words.  That is my greatest responsibility, to teach my daughter and make sure she knows the truth and who she can rely on for her salvation.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment