Wednesday, July 9, 2014

To Know Someone Else's Thoughts

Today I read Alma 11 and 12.  I have always wondered what it would be like to know someone else's thoughts.  We read about it here in chapter 11 where Amulek knows the Zeezrom is trying to trick him.  Ammon is able to decipher the thoughts of King Lamoni later in the book of Alma also.  It just makes me wonder what the experience is like.  I think the closest I have ever come is when giving a blessing.  Sometimes you get a glimpse into what is going on in their lives and their struggles.  I remember I once gave a blessing where I was able to tell them what had been on their mind, similar to Joseph Smith when he was able to speak for the Lord to Oliver Cowdery about his experiences in the past with the Spirit.  I wonder if it is the same thing?  Maybe one day I will have the awesome experience with knowing what it feels like.  I think that would be really neat to be an instrument in the Lord's hands like that.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment