Saturday, February 2, 2013

Solomon Prepares to Build the Temple

Today I read 2 Chronicles 2 where Solomon trades with other kingdoms for materials and laborers so he can build the temple for the Lord.  It never fails to amaze me how a kingdom ruled by a single monarch can be so influenced by the whims of a single man or woman.  I can't help but wonder if the people fall in line with their monarch and what percentage they do, or if they resent the fact that they have to go along with whatever the king says.  I know that in America, during the Cold War, most Americans bought into the idea that the Russians were the bad guys hook line and sinker.  It makes me wonder if other cultures fall in line as easily with their monarch's wishes and desires?  More food for thought.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment