Sunday, February 3, 2013

Solomon Builds the Temple

Today I read 2 Chronicles 3 - 5 which details the building of the temple.  Again it is great from a historian's point of view and I am glad we have it.  It does give a good picture of what the temple must have looked like.  I wonder what Solomon must have been feeling when he was building the temple?  I wonder if he realized how sacred the temple would become and how it would be a status symbol for all of Judaism?  Probably not.  I don't think people and events that we now consider famous considered themselves famous when they were happening.  I think the people were trying to do the best they could of what they had and we view them as famous now because of the extraordinary circumstances.  It makes me wonder what history will think of me, if I will even be a blip on the page?  Time will tell I suppose.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment