Tuesday, February 5, 2013

God Accepts Solomon's Temple

Today I read 2 Chronicles 7 where the Lord accepts the temple that Solomon built.  It never fails to amaze me how God will straight out tell us what we need to do in order to stay in His good graces, and yet we can't, or won't do it.  And Heavenly Father, rightly so, states that if all these calamities befall us, it will be because we did not stay true to Him, He who never fails us.  I believe it was Jeffrey R. Holland that once said life is the only game where we know the outcome, we know who will win, and yet we are still trying to decide which team to join.  When put into those terms it seems very silly that we don't do a better job of keeping the commandments.  Especially when we see first hand how sin can ruin lives completely.

Why do we struggle and falter?  The answer of course is because of the natural man.  We have to overcome the natural man and to do that, we have to desire to become better than we are.  That's what it all boils down to, our desire.  Where do you want to end up?  Sure you may have a desire to do that which is wrong and wicked, but do you like the fact that you have those desires?  Or do we wish that we could better control ourselves and what we are doing with our lives?  I know I do.  I have desires that are unwholesome as far as God is concerned and that bothers me.  I want to change, I want to be different and don't want to have those desires anymore.  And that in my opinion makes all the difference.  I choose to fight against the current, to overcome the temptations that beset me.  And with God's help, I can do just that.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment