Monday, February 4, 2013

Solomon Dedicates the Temple

Today I read 2 Chronicles 6 which is essentially the dedicatory prayer that Solomon offered for the temple.  As I was reading I could not help but wonder about something that was completely unrelated to this chapter.  It has always been interesting to me that Jesus Christ chose to be born through the line of David that went through Solomon.  In other words, Jesus was born through David and Bath-Sheeba, the woman that David sinned with and later married.  Now, Solomon was not the child that was born of their adultery, that child died.  Solomon was a legitimate child through their marriage, but it is still interesting to me that Jesus was born through that line.  I'm not sure why this thought popped into my head today since it really had nothing to do with the chapter.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment