Monday, July 9, 2012

More Sacrifices Laid Forth

Today I read Numbers 28 and I must say, I am glad I was not born a Jew back in those days.  I don't say that to be mean in the slightest, but rather it seems extremely complicated with all the sacrifices that are involved on certain days and for one thing or another.  This chapter is all about how to make sacrifices and when to make them and what things are to be made with them.  It is very tedious to read but was priceless to an Israelite who lived back in those times before the law of Moses was fulfilled.

It makes me extremely grateful in a whole new way for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  He not only took upon us all the sins, pains and everything else in the world, but He also fulfilled the law of Moses making it no longer necessary to perform blood sacrifices.  I'm sure I could have learned it all, but it does indeed seem like a daunting task to try and memorize all those laws and rules and then later the traditions that the Pharisees came up with.  I have a lot of respect for those who still practice the Jewish religion for all that they do.  They are truly incredible and have great minds to memorize all the law of Moses in my opinion.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment