Thursday, July 19, 2012

God Spares People Near Israel

Today I read Deuteronomy 2 where the Lord tells the children of Israel that as they go in to the land that was promised them, they are to leave certain peoples alone because that part of the land has not been promised to them.  I know that God is not bloodthirsty and that He does everything for a reason, but I am sure that to some it might seem that way and I am glad that Heavenly Father had the Israelites leave the people alone who were not in the way.

This was probably to help the Israelites realize that not all their new neighbors were bad people.  I mean they are being led into this new land and they are slowly destroying everyone in their path just about, I would imagine that they had the impression that everyone in this area were horrible people.  And it is my understanding that they certainly were not great people by any stretch of the imagination.  So it is nice that God allowed them to spare some of the peoples. 

The way this chapter is written it makes it sound like the Lord is also fulfilling other promises made to other peoples, the people who live in those areas.  I'm sure that just like everything else, we will find out the reasons behind it all some day.  If we follow God and His plans for us, everything will turn out right, just like it did for the Israelites.  You can never go wrong if you let God lead your life.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment