Monday, May 21, 2012

Sin Sacrifice Laid Forth

Today I read Leviticus 6 where the Lord outlines more rules governing sacrifices.  These rules are to govern the type and method of sacrifice used for sin offerings when someone has done something wrong.  Heavenly Father even gives a few examples, such as lying to your neighbor, borrowing something from a neighbor and not giving it back things along those lines.

The main thought I had while I was reading this was lamentation on the folly of man that we do all these things that Heavenly Father is listing here and causing us to need this type of sacrifice on a regular basis.  It's really sad that the natural man has such a powerful grip over us and that some people will do just about anything in order to get ahead.  I remember  a scene in one of my favorite movies called "Family Man".  A young girl buys a soda and pays with a $1 bill.  The clerk gives her change as if she paid with a $10 bill.  Instead of saying anything about it the girl smiles and leaves.  The clerk then shakes his head and laments that her integrity is only worth $9 to her.  When I go out to eat somewhere, I am very quick to point out if I have been over charged, but I am just as quick to point out when I have been under charged.  My integrity is worth more than a few dollars.

It's really sad to me how some people will do things just for money or a few possessions.  I really can understand people who steal food in order to live.  I can understand their mentality and way of thinking.  There are better ways in my opinion, but I can understand it at least.  I cannot understand people who steal other things though.  It makes no sense to me.  Find another way, or better yet, do without.  It is the natural man that whispers that you deserve it and the company will not miss it, etc or whatever it is that the natural man or devil whispers to such individuals in order to get them to do what he wants them to do.

We all have these tendencies, some more strong than others.  It is up to us to put them to rest and to not let them get the best of us.  When we take the time to really pray and ask our Heavenly Father for assistance in doing what is right, He will take the time to ensure we have the help we need in order to succeed and become better than we are.  Heavenly Father always helps us accomplish our righteous desires, as long as they do not contradict His plans.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment