Sunday, May 13, 2012

Bezaleel was Prepared to Serve the Lord

Today I read Exodus 38 where Bezaleel finished the tabernacle and the ark of the covenant.  This chapter details what materials were used to finish the ark and the tabernacle and it sounds to my unexperienced understanding like it was certainly made to last.  And considering that the tabernacle was in use for 40 years, I'd say that Bezaleel did a good job.

As I was reading today's chapter I couldn't help but wonder where Bezaleel learned his skills from.  I'm quite confident that he was raised up by the Lord so that he would be prepared to serve God when he was called.  In history you see people, men and women who were obviously called before they were actually called to serve their Lord.

I believe I have mentioned that I like to read the biographies of the Latter-day prophets.  I like to see how they have lived their lives and become the Lord's representative here on the earth.  One thing I have found as common ground is that they all had experiences that prepared them for being the Lord's spokesperson.  The Lord qualifies whom He calls.  But I have found that sometimes He qualifies them before He calls them.  Like the refiners fire, these men throughout history have been put through experiences that prepared them uniquely for what God called them to do.  Bezaleel was prepared before he was called also.  Perhaps it will make it easier to deal with challenges as they come, knowing that perhaps one day because of them, you will have a chance to serve the Lord.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment