Wednesday, May 2, 2012

God is Constant

Today I read Exodus 27 where the Lord continues to give Moses very detailed instructions on how to complete the tabernacle.  I am again amazed that Moses was able to retain all that detail.  I again have to wonder if with all our modern conveniences if we give up something, some part of our brain that would function better if we did not have television and computers, etc.  I mean, how did Moses remember all of those directions?  He did not have them written down somewhere on a blueprint.  How did he remember them so exactly?  Did Heavenly Father bless Moses so that he would remember more clearly?  I truly don't know.  But this is not the first time that people who write the scriptures are blessed with long memories. 

I also wonder what was going through Moses' mind when he is hearing all these instructions on what to build and how to build it.  I'm pretty sure my first thought would have been where all this material is going to come from.  Perhaps what they took from Egypt was enough to cover all the metals that were needed, but where did all the wood come from?  I don't really know anything about the geography of the area, but were there really that many trees growing around that area?  I guess they do otherwise the Lord would not have commanded Moses to do all this.  Perhaps there was only shittim wood around the area and that is why God told Moses to use that to build the ark.  I really don't know.What I do know is that God would not have given the commandment to Moses unless there was a way for Moses to accomplish it.  That is always a very comforting thought.  God is constant and does not change.  The pattern He followed back then is the same pattern He will follow today.  We can always count on Him.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment