Friday, May 18, 2012

Process for Handling the Sacrifices

Today I read Leviticus 3 where the Lord details the proper way to offer sacrifices and what to do with the organs of the animals and how to handle the fat and liver, etc.  As I read this chapter I have to wonder if there was a medical reason behind all of this that caused the Lord to be so particular about the way the Israelites and the priests were to handle the sacrifices.  I'm sure if I were to go looking there is a medical professional out there somewhere that has talked about this very thing.

However, maybe it's just the benefit of hindsight, but I have a real hard time understanding how the Israelites could perform sacrifices their entire lives and not understand it all pointed to something else, the Atonement.  It's all there, a firstborn male without blemish.  Of course, in all fairness, the Israelites in the time of Jesus had no way to know that He was without sin/blemish.  So I guess it is the benefit of hindsight that we can recognize that all this sacrificing is to lead them to Christ.  It's so interesting though that the prophets in America, such as Abinadai understood it.  I guess the Israelites were too blinded by their priests and others.  It's sad to me really.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment