Monday, December 3, 2012

Solomon is Crowned King

Today I read 1 Kings 1 where David's son, Adonijah, tries to take the kingdom because David has not appointed anyone to be king after him.  Apparently, Adonijah was not a very just man, because Nathan the prophet was very afraid of him taking the kingdom, so he plotted with Bath-sheba to have Solomon inherit the throne.  They went to David and had him acknowledge Solomon as the new king and had him crowned.  When the supporters of Adonijah heard it, they were all afraid and stopped plotting immediately.

Solomon was an interesting king and we will spend the next few days and weeks reading about him.  I hope and pray that the Spirit will be with me as I do so, so that I may glean the lessons from these chapters that God would have us all learn.  Solomon was called the wisest king of Israel and his wisdom was great.  I hope we can apply that wisdom to ourselves in our day so that we can know what God would have us do, and then do it.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment