Monday, December 17, 2012

Diamond in the Rough

Today I read 1 Kings 15 which chronicles the life and death of several different kings.  Not surprisingly, most of them are wicked.  What IS surprising however, is one or two of them are righteous.  How hard it must be to be a righteous prince in a wicked world.  What would it be like to want to do what is right but to have a father who does what is wrong?  Abraham would know, he lived that life. 

I would like to think that no matter how I was raised I would have been a righteous man, but how can I know for sure?  For all I know if I had grown up with some of the problems that some people do that I read about, I could have grown up to be a criminal!  That is why it is so nice to see some people make it, even when they are surrounded by evil.  It is wonderful to know that some people will be righteous no matter what situation they are put in.  It gives me great hope.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment